Cannabinoid Terpene Profile
In addition to its pronounced aroma, Valencene is notable due to its anti-inflammatory properties, specifically as a bronchodilator making it easier to breathe by relaxing the muscles in the lungs and widening the airways. In addition, a study out of Dongguk University College of Medicine showed Valencene is potentially therapeutic for sun-damaged skin, and it is well known to repel insects, like mosquitoes and ticks. There are also studies showing Valencene may boost the efficacy of a chemotherapy drug called Doxorubicin that deters the growth of cancer cells.
In addition to the medical benefits, Valencene puts patients in an energized, uplifted, and talkative mood. While Valencene itself is not psychoactive, marijuana strains that have it are typically high in THC, which is psychoactive. Some of the most popular Valencene heavy strains are Sour Diesel, Agent Orange, Alien Dawg, and XJ-13, a personal favorite.
Get Your Terpene Testing Today
- The Effects of Selected Sesquiterpenes from Myrica rubra Essential Oil on the Efficacy of Doxorubicin in Sensitive and Resistant Cancer Cell Lines. (2017, June 20). PubMed. Retrieved January 20, 2022, from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28632185/
- LODI, M. (2019, July 24). Terpenes 411: Valencene. MedMen. Retrieved January 20, 2022, from https://www.medmen.com/blog/guides/terpenes-411-valencene
- Overview – – – Bronchodilators. (n.d.). NHS. Retrieved January 20, 2022, from https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bronchodilators/
- Valencene from the Rhizomes of Cyperus rotundus Inhibits Skin Photoaging-Related Ion Channels and UV-Induced Melanogenesis in B16F10 Melanoma Cells. (2016, April 22). PubMed. Retrieved January 20, 2022, from https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26967731/
- What is Valencene? (2021, June 1). Botany Farms. Retrieved January 20, 2022, from https://www.botanyfarms.com/blog/what-is-valencene/